Gluten Free Chocolate Walnut BrowniesBotanica Health
February 7, 2019
Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies – yes, you heard that right! Perfect for dessert or even as a snack since its made with our Chocolate Perfect Greens, so you can get your veggies and greens in too!
Recipe Type: Dessert Gluten Free Vegan Vegetarian
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) water
- ½ cup (125 mL) Botanica Coconut Oil, melted
- ½ cup (125 mL) raw sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pure maple syrup
- ½ cup (125 mL) gluten-free flour or almond flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop Botanica Chocolate Perfect Protein
- 1 scoop Botanica Chocolate Perfect Greens
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) hemp seed
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Lightly oil a 9-inch (23 cm) loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Stir flaxseed with water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine melted Botanica Coconut Oil, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, Botanica Chocolate Perfect Protein, Botanica Chocolate Greens and walnuts. Stir to blend.
- Add flaxseed mixture to liquid mixture. Then stir in flour mixture to blend. Transfer to prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the centre comes out with very little crumbs.
- Remove pan to a rack to cool. Then cut brownies into squares. Sprinkle with hemp seeds and press into tops of brownies. Serve with hot little cups of espresso.
- Store brownies in a tightly covered container at room temperature for several days.