Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake BarsDanielle Zipp
August 4, 2020
With sunny days finally here, we at Botanica HQ are dreaming of scrumptious no-bake treats. These Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake bars are perfection. These raspberry cheesecake bars start with a chewy crust made with nuts, dates, and Botanica’s Perfect Protein Vanilla. Then we added a thick layer of cheesecake-y cashew cream and topped it all off with a tart and creamy raspberry later. All you’ll need is a food processor, immersion blender, and about 30 minutes. You’ll want to make space in your freezer for these bars!
Botanica’s Perfect Protein is a unique blend of sprouted organic brown rice, organic quinoa, and organic coconut. Using sprouted whole food ingredients makes our protein powder easy to digest and absorb. Plus its packed with naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, healthy fats, and fiber.
Importance of protein
Including protein with a sweet snack or dessert is very helpful for bloods sugar balance. Eating to keeping blood sugar stable reduces stress on your pancreas (the organ that produces insulin – the blood sugar balancing hormone) and your liver (the organ involved in more that 300 metabolic processes including detoxification, hormone balance, and blood sugar regulation). Keeping these organs happy contributes to whole body health, reduces the chances of developing diabetes, and lowers your risk of heart disease.
Plus, these raspberry cheesecake bars contain lots of healthy fats from the cashews and coconut butter. 1 slice of these vegan raspberry cheesecake bars is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and appetite.
We hope you all LOVE these Raspberry Cheesecake bars. They’re:
- Fresh & fruity
- Perfectly sweet
- Oh so creamy
- Insanely satisfying
- & the perfect sunny weather treat!
These bars are a perfect summer sweet snack or dessert option. Keep them in the freezer to have a little something on hand or share with friends! These cheesecake bars are so dreamy and so delicious your friends won’t even know they’re vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
vegan Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Makes 16 squares
Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup packed Medjool dates (about 11 dates)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 scoop Botanica Perfect Protein – Vanilla
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 ½ cups raw, unsalted cashews
- ¾ cup water
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp. coconut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup of the cheesecake later (from above)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries – defrosted
- Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, cover the cashews with warm water and allow to soak while you make the crust.
- In another small bowl, measure out 1 cup of frozen raspberries and set aside to defrost while you make the crust and cashew cheesecake layer.
For the crust:
- Start by combining the almond flour, dates, and shredded coconut in a food processor. Process until the dates are broken down into small pieces (about 30 seconds to 1 minute). Then add the protein powder, coconut oil and salt and combine again (about 30 seconds). Scrape the sides of the food processor with a spatula as needed.
- Transfer the crust dough to the prepared baking pan and press into an even layer using the spatula or your hands. Be sure to pack it into the corners of the pan and right up to the edges.
For the Cashew Cheesecake Layer:
- Drain the cashews and discard the soaking water. Transfer the cashews and ¾ cup water to a single serve blender cup or tall immersion blender cup. Blend with your desired tool for 30 seconds to 1 minute until you have a smooth consistency and no large chunks remain.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla and blend again until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Then add the coconut butter and blend again. You want the cashew cream to be as smooth as possible. Continue blending until your desired consistence is reached.
- Measure out ½ cup of the cashew cream and set aside. Pour the remaining cashew cream over the crust and spread into an even layer using a spatula. Place baking pan in the fridge or freezer to firm while you make the raspberry layer (about 5-10 minutes).
For the Raspberry Layer:
- Place the ½ cup reserved cashew cream back into the blender cup or immersion blender cup along with 1 cup of defrosted frozen raspberries. Raspberries should be soft, not icy but not soupy either. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute until you have a very smooth consistency.
- Retrieve the baking pan from the fridge/freezer and gently pour the raspberry cream on top of the white cashew cream layer. Use a spatula to smooth out into an even layer.
- Return the baking pan to the freezer for 4 hours to set.
- To serve, allow pan to sit on the counter to defrost for 20 minutes before slicing into 16 squares. Serve cold. Store bars in an air-tight container in the freezer (use parchment to separate the bars and prevent sticking); will keep for about 3 weeks.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag your photo with #botanicahealth on Instagram (we love seeing your creations!). Be well, friends!