Farm Fresh Vanilla Smoothie Bowl With SpinachBotanica Health
January 3, 2018
Here’s a breakfast of champions. Easy to assemble and chock-a-block full of great flavour for a morning palette. Opting for kefir is an added bonus. And whirling in spinach offers a medley of nutritional benefits to jumpstart any day.
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced, peeled banana
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) plain kefir or almond milk, plus extra, if needed
- 2 cups (500 mL) packed baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Botanica Vanilla Perfect Protein
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) peanut or almond butter
- ¼ cup (50 mL) granola
- Fresh berries, such as raspberries or blackberries
- Toasted sliced almonds, kiwi slices, and chia seeds, optional
1. In a high-speed blender combine smoothie ingredients, reserving a few slices banana for garnish.
2. Whirl until creamy adding more kefir or almond milk to suit the thickness you prefer.
3. Top with a sprinkling of granola, berries, almonds, kiwi and chia. Alternatively, any toppings work. Get creative!