Rice Crispy Goji BarsBotanica Health
August 11, 2017
Recipe Type: Snacks
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 cup (250 mL) raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup (125 mL) raw chopped cashews
- ½ cup (125 mL) raw chopped pistachios
- 2/3 cup (180 mL) raw peanut or almond butter
- 2/3 cup (180 mL) agave syrup
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) large flaked rolled oats
- ½ cup (125 mL) ground flax meal
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Botanica Vanilla Perfect Protein Powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown rice crispy cereal
- ½ cup (125 mL) Botanica Goji Berries
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease and line a 9-inch (23 cm) metal baking pan with parchment to extend over the edges. Set aside.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine sunflower seeds, cashews, and pistachios in a bowl and stir to blend. Spread out on prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden and toasted.
3. Meanwhile, stir peanut or almond butter with agave syrup in a large bowl. Stir in oats, flax meal, protein powder and salt to blend.
4. When nuts are golden, immediately add to butter almond mixture while still warm. Scatter with rice cereal and goji berries and fold altogether to evenly blend. Transfer to prepared metal baking pan and spread out in an even layer. Press down with a flat spatula to compress.
5. Cover and refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve. Cut into bars and keep refrigerated if not eating right away.