Refreshing Detox Green SmoothieDanielle Zipp
July 13, 2020
A veggie-packed green smoothie that actually tastes good and is good for you!? Hello! We’ve got you covered with this incredibly invigorating Detox Green Smoothie featuring Botanica’s Perfect Greens Unflavoured.
Botanica’s Perfect Greens Unflavoured is a blend of clean, green superfoods to help ensure you’re getting your daily greens. This product is a nutrient dense, Organic blend of Barley Grass, Oat Grass, Wheat Grass, Spinach, Chlorella, Spirulina, Parsley, Apple Fibre, Acerola Cherry, Apple, Green Tea Leaf, Blueberry, Acai, Rosemary Leaf. Talk about anti-oxidants! Perfect Greens is a fantastic way to add vitamins and minerals to your diet.
We kept the ingredients simple for this recipe as the greens powder already adds so much nutritional value! We used coconut water for extra electrolytes (essential for hot and sweaty summer days), banana for a little sweetness, celery and cucumber for additional veggies and flavour, and finally lemon for added freshness. You can also add either ginger root or mint to this smoothie, depending on your flavour preference.
We hope you all LOVE this smoothie! It’s:
- Refreshing and clean
- Bright green
- Insanely nutritious
- Quick & easy
- & delicious!
This smoothie is perfect for summer and will be an amazing pick-me-up mid-afternoon. You will feel so refreshed and energized incorporating this smoothie into your daily routine.
RefreshING DETOX Green Smoothie
Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free.
- 1 ½ cup coconut water*
- 1 scoop Botanica Perfect Greens – unflavoured
- 1 ripe banana (yellow but no brown spots)
- ½ cucumber
- 2 stalks of celery
- Juice of half a lemon
- Optional flavour boost: 1 tsp grated ginger root OR 1 tbsp packed mint leaves
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until the smoothie is fully liquified and very few chunks remain.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- You may sub the coconut water for filter water; the flavour will be very similar.
- 2-3 days in the fridge if stored in an air-tight mason jar. Give the jar a quick shake or re-blend in the blender before serving.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag your photo with #botanicahealth on Instagram (we love seeing your creations!). Be well, friends!