Pumpkin MochiBrenda (@pistachiopicks)
October 24, 2023
This might be the cutest dessert I’ve made. 🎃 Inspired by my favourite dim sum dessert, I made a steamed mochi with pumpkin filling. It’s the perfect on the go snack or treat when you’re out trick or treating, working in the office or cramming for your midterms because the mochi has Botanica Health’s Perfect Protein Elevated Brain Booster.
Recipe by Brenda (@pistachiopicks)
- 1 scoop Botanica Perfect Protein Elevated Brain Booster
- 150g glutinous rice flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can pumpkin filling (¾ cup for filling and 1 cup for mochi)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 7 pumpkin seeds
- Melt vegan butter over low-medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add pumpkin filling, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Cook the filling until it turns dark brown and thickens into a paste.
- Set aside to cool.
- Knead or use a food processor to combine glutinous rice powder and pumpkin filling into a dough ball.
- Divide the mochi into 50g balls
- Using your thumbs, make an indent in the centre and start pinching the sides to create a “bowl” shape.
- Add 1 tbsp of pumpkin filling to the centre of the mochi skin.
- Gather the mochi sides and seal the pumpkin filling.
- Using the back of a knife, carve out 8 ribs.
- On top and in the centre of the mochi, insert a pumpkin seed.
- Place mochi on parchment paper and steam for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Don’t forget to tag us in your post with @botanicahealth on Instagram. We love seeing your creations! Be well, friends!