Protein Power Nut & Fruit GranolaBotanica Health
November 18, 2016
Power up your day with a bowl of delicious nutrient-packed granola. The combination of oats, nuts, seeds and Botanica Perfect Protein Vanilla will provide the long lasting fuel that your body needs for optimal energy. Serve with yogurt, milk or milk substitute and top with fruit. Or add to your favourite trail mix for munching on-the-run!
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
2. In a small pot, melt coconut oil. Add maple syrup or honey, orange zest and juice. Mix well. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine oats, nuts and seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir together. Pour oil mixture over oats and stir well until coated.
4. Evenly spread mixture onto a large baking sheet with shallow sides.
5. Place in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove pan from oven and stir in shredded coconut.
7. Return to oven and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes or until granola is toasted and crisp as you like.
8. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
9. Stir in goji berries or your favourite dried fruit and Botanica Perfect Protein Vanilla until combined.
10. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to week or freeze.