Protein Packed Apple Pie Overnight OatsDanielle Zipp
October 29, 2020
Looking for a fun new way to eat your oats? Look no further, we have you covered! These Protein Packed Apple Pie Overnight Oats feature our Perfect Protein Elevated Brain Booster, featuring 20 g of sprouted plant protein packed with naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, healthy fats, fibre, and brain-boosting superfoods. Trust us, this is going to be one of your new breakfast favorites! Keep reading below to get the recipe for yourself.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan.
For the oats:
- 1 cup oats
- 1 scoop Perfect Protein Elevated Brain Booster
- 3 tbsp. Ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut milk (from a carton)
For the apple topping:
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (or more to taste)
- Nut butter (almond or peanut)
- Ground flax seeds or hemp hearts
- Combine all ingredients for the oats in a medium sized bowl. Divided evenly between two mason jars or air-tight containers.
- Leave in the fridge overnight to soak.
- In the morning, cook up your apples for the topping. Add diced apple pieces and coconut oil to a non-stick frying pan. Cook for a few minutes over medium heat until the apples start to soften. Then add the maple syrup and cinnamon and cook a few minutes longer.
- To serve: add additional coconut milk to the oats to reach your desired consistency. Divide apple topping evenly between the two servings and top with almond butter and hemp hearts (if using).
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag your photo with #botanicahealth on Instagram (we love seeing your creations!). Be well, friends!