Mini Vegan CheesecakesBotanica Health
October 1, 2018
Little dessert bites that won’t disappoint. Delicious familiar flavours of peanut butter and jelly in a couple little vegan, gluten-free bites. These Mini Vegan Cheesecakes are a perfect ending to a meal.
Recipe Type: Dessert Snacks Gluten Free Lunch
- 1 cup (250 mL) raw cashews or raw, blanched almonds
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Botanica Coconut Oil
- 14 oz (398 mL) can coconut cream, chilled
- ¼ cup (60 mL) peanut or cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Botanica Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- ½ cup (125 mL) strawberry or red currant jam
1. In a glass bowl, cover cashews with water and soak in the refrigerator overnight. Drain and gently blot dry.
2. To make mini cheesecake crusts, place cashews in food processor with dates and coconut oil. Whirl until blended scraping down sides of bowl as you go. Add a little more coconut oil if needed.
3. Press equal amounts mixture into a mini silicone muffin pan. It works best for easy removal. Alternatively, use a metal mini muffin pan lined with muffin papers.
4. Drain liquid from chilled coconut cream. Reserve for another recipe. Clean the food processor bowl. Add chilled and drained coconut cream to the bowl along with peanut butter, Botanica Coconut Oil and maple syrup. Whirl until blended scraping down sides of the bowl as you go.
5. Evenly dispense coconut filling among crusts. Smooth each out. Refrigerate overnight. Can be refrigerated for several days before serving, if you wish.
6. To serve, melt jam in a small saucepan just until pourable.
7. Slide little cheesecakes out of silicone pan and place on a serving platter. Pour a little jam over each and serve.