Mango Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
Thick and creamy Mango Turmeric Smoothie Bowl! Loaded with added turmeric, moringa, and protein. Vegan and gluten-free.Danielle Zipp
September 4, 2020
The sunniest smoothie bowl you ever did see! Perfect for enjoying in the sunshine or to transport you to a tropical paradise when you need a little escape. Loaded with mango, banana, turmeric, plant-based protein, and even hidden veggies this smoothie bowl makes the perfect accompaniment to your next back deck lounge session.
Botanica Perfect Protein Elevated Anti-Inflammatory is the star of this recipe. It is an organic plant protein blended with anti-inflammatory superfoods. With 20g of sprouted plant protein packed with naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, healthy fats, fibre, and inflammation-reducing superfoods, Perfect Protein Elevated is an easy all-in-one approach. This blend features turmeric (know for its anti-inflammatory properties and beautiful yellow-orange colour), ginger, and moringa.
Having adequate protein with your meals and snacks is so important! It helps to keep your blood sugar stable which means even energy levels throughout the day and the ability to go 2-4 hours between meals without feeling hungry. Eating to keeping blood sugar stable reduces stress on your pancreas (the organ that produces insulin – the blood sugar balancing hormone) and your liver (the organ involved in more that 300 metabolic processes including detoxification, hormone balance, and blood sugar regulation).
There is lots of fruit and natural sugars happening in this smoothie bowl so we’ve included a few key ingredients to balance the recipe to keep your blood sugar stable and keep you feeling satiated:
- Perfect Protein Elevated – Anti-Inflammatory for added protein and satiety.
- Full-fat coconut milk provides a thicker consistency and blood sugar stabilizing fats.
- Zucchini and chia seeds add additional fiber.
This smoothie makes the perfect afternoon snack or after dinner treat. Plus, the recipe makes enough to share with a friend!
We hope you LOVE this smoothie bowl! It’s:
- Thick & creamy
- The perfect balance of coconut and mango
- Naturally sweet
- Vitamin & nutrient packed
- Loaded with turmeric
- & SO delicious
Mango Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar free
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups zucchini, peeled and diced
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 2 cups mango, frozen
- 2 scoops Botanica Perfect Protein Elevated – Anti-inflammatory
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- In a high speed blender, start by blending together the coconut milk, zucchini, and banana until you reach a thick, smooth consistency and few chucks remain.
- Then add in the frozen mango, protein powder, and chia seeds. Blend until fully incorporated, scraping the sides as needed with a spatula, until no chunks remain. The final result will be a thick soft-serve ice cream consistency.
- Transfer to 4 bowls and garnish with your favourite toppings – we love granola, extra chia seeds, coconut ribbons, and fresh mango slices. Enjoy immediately.
- Store leftover smoothie in an air-tight container or mason jar in the fridge. Consume within 1-2 days of making. You may need to give the smoothie a quick stir before serving.
- For a thicker smoothie, freeze the peeled and diced zucchini overnight before making your smoothie bowl.
- If your blender is having a hard time processing, leave the frozen fruit on the counter for 2-5 minutes before blending. Patience is key here. Alternatively, you can add more full fat coconut milk to help with blending but this will result in a thinner consistency.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag your photo with #botanicahealth on Instagram (we love seeing your creations!). Be well, friends!