Mango Protein PancakesBrenda (@pistachiopicks)
July 24, 2023
Summer has arrived and with it, come many delicious ways to fuel ourselves for the season’s adventures…in a tasty way! So, let’s make Hong Kong-style Mango Protein Pancakes with Botanica’s Perfect Protein Elevated Brain Booster, containing Lion’s Mane (antioxidants), Rhodiola (reduces stress) and Quinoa (optimizes energy levels) with a pinch of turmeric and ripe cold mangos.
Recipe by Brenda (@pistachiopicks)
- 100g cake flour
- 30g icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml milk or alternative plant milk
- 6g Botanica Perfect Protein Elevated Brain Booster
- 1 mango
- 150 ml whipping cream or coconut cream or plant based whipping cream + 2 tsp sugar
- Optional: ¼ tsp turmeric or 1 tsp custard powder
- Whisk eggs and icing sugar together.
- Add sifted cake flour, Perfect Protein, turmeric.
- Gently fold the mixture and then add milk.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let the batter rest in the fridge for 30 – 45 mins.
Making the crepes
- Pre-heat oiled pan on low-medium heat.
- Pour ⅓ cup of crepe batter into an 11”inch fry pan. Quickly swirl the pan to even out the batter. Cook only one side of the crepe – do not flip it.
- Once you see the top of the crepe dry and bubbles form underneath, slightly loosen the edges with a spatula and flip the crepe onto a plate. Let it cool completely. Repeat until all batter is used up.
Assembling the mango pancakes
- Whip the cream and sugar until stiff peaks.
- Peel the mango skin off and slice it in half while avoiding the seed in the centre. Cut the mango slice into 4 pieces. Take only the thick middle pieces.
- Place the side where the crepe was in contact with the pan up (rough textured side).
In the centre, pipe cream about the same length as the mango piece. On top of the cream, place a mango slice, and then cover it with more cream.
- The bottom half of the crepe should be folded to cover the mango, then the left side, then the right side, then finally, the top half of the crepe should be folded to cover the mango.
- Slice and enjoy!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Don’t forget to tag us in your post with @botanicahealth on Instagram. We love seeing your creations! Be well, friends!