Cucumber Basil MocktailBotanica Health
August 7, 2018
A light summer cocktail is a perfect antidote to the summer heat. This version is loaded with mint and apple cider vinegar to quench your thirst! Fresh cucumbers and Botanica’s Holy Basil Liquid Herb are added to this Cucumber Basil Mocktail for added nourishment.
Recipe Type: Drink Vegetarian
- 1 cup (250 mL) unpeeled, finely diced English cucumber
- Generous handful fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup (124 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) honey
- ¾ cup (175 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (6 mL) Botanica Holy Basil Liquid Herb
- Cucumber slices, for garnish
- Flat or sparkling water
1. In a large bowl combine diced cucumber, mint, basil and honey. Muddle together to extract cucumber juices and oils from fresh herbs.
2. Stir in honey and apple cider vinegar. Transfer to a large, glass jar with a tight-fitting lid such as a 1 L canning jar.
3. Refrigerate for a couple of days to fully marinate. Then strain into a clean glass jar discarding cucumber and herbs and refrigerate liquid for up to 2 weeks.
4. To serve, fill 4 glasses with ice cubes and slices of cucumber. Add 6 mL Botanica Holy Basil Liquid Herb to each. Divide cucumber liquid among glasses and top each with flat or sparkling water. Stir and sip.