Beetroot Berry Smoothie BowlBotanica Health
April 4, 2018
Beets for breakfast? When you make this eye-pleasing and taste sensation, you’ll crave it daily. The natural sweetness of beets coupled with a variety of healthy toppings will provide fuel for you all day long. Roast several beets at once. They can be refrigerated for several days.
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- 3 medium-size red beetroots
- 2 cups (500 mL) packed baby spinach leaves, washed and spun dry
- 2 scoops Botanica Berry Perfect Greens
- ½ unpeeled lemon, sliced and pitted
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- Handful of Botanica Organic Goji Berries
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Hand of toasted nuts and fresh fruits
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place unpeeled beets in a large, oven-safe saucepan. Add ¼ cup (60 mL) water. Cover with lid and place pan in oven. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until beets are tender when pierced. Remove from oven and set aside to thoroughly cool.
2. Peel beets and cut into chunks. Place in a high-speed blender along with spinach, Botanica Berry Perfect Greens, lemon slices and water. Whirl, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally until mixture is smooth and silky. The mixture can be refrigerated in a tightly sealed container for several days if you wish.
3. To serve, generously scoop into a serving bowl. Serve with an assortment of your favourite toppings.