Anti-Inflammatory Virgin MojitosBotanica Health
September 5, 2018
Can a mojito be good without the rum? You bet! This one is a bell ringer with the combination of mint, grapefruit and chives. Sound interesting? These flavours combined with a healthy shot of Botanica Daily Anti-Inflammatory Shot will certainly dazzle you. And as for the chives as a garnish? It is a taste sensation with grapefruit!
Recipe Type: Drink Vegetarian
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh mint leaves, plus extra
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) organic raw sugar
- Juice from 3 red grapefruits
- Juice from 3 blood or regular navel oranges
- 8 tsp (40 mL) Botanica Daily Anti-Inflammatory Shot
- 1 cup (250 mL) sparkling water
- Blood red orange slices, for garnish
- Chive flowers, for garnish
1. Place ½ cup (125 mL) mint leaves and a couple of lime wedges into a martini shaker. Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime together to release mint oils and lime juice. Add a couple more lime wedges along with sugar and muddle some more.
2. Stir in grapefruit juice, orange juice and Botanica Daily Anti-Inflammatory Shot.
3. To serve, place a couple ice cubes into 2 glasses. Strain juice into glasses, evenly dividing mixture. Top with soda water and garnish with some blood red or grapefruit slices and chive flowers.