Anti-Inflammatory Carrot Cake Overnight OatsDanielle Zipp
January 31, 2020
When you’re busy with early morning responsibilities, having breakfast prepped can be a serious gamechanger. These deliciously healthy overnight oats feature some of our favorite ingredients; including our very own Protein Elevated – Anti-Inflammatory; which helps keep you feeling full and fueled throughout the morning.
- ¼ cup Botanica Elevated Protein – Anti-inflammatory blend (about half a scoop)
- ½ cup shredded carrot (about half a large carrot)
- ⅓ cup oats
- ¼ cup pineapple, fresh or frozen, diced small
- 2 tbsp chia seeds or flax seeds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp pecans, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Splash vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut mylk
- Optional garnish: Raisins, shredded coconut, shredded carrot, chopped pecans, pumpkin seeds, and/or hemp hearts.
- In a bowl, large mason jar or air-tight container, combine all ingredients mixing in the almond mylk last.
- Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
- Overnight oats can be enjoyed warm or cold, depending on your preference.
- In the morning, add additional almond milk until oats reach your desired consistency.
- If heating: warm in a small pot on the stove over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes. Or for a few minutes in the microwave.
- To serve: garnish with additional raisins, shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, chopped pecans, hemp hearts and/or shredded coconut.
Meal Prep Tip:
- Line up 5 1-cup Mason jars or air-tight containers and portion out all the DRY ingredients and spices. Label each jar with a piece of tape that says: “overnight oats – add 3 tbsp maple and 1 cup mylk”
- Then peel, wash and grate 3 large carrots and store in an air-tight container. Label the container with a piece of tape that says: “Overnight oats – ½ cup)
- Finally chop 1 ¼ cup of pineapple and store in a container. Label with “Overnight Oats – ¼ cup”
- Then, each evening before bed, assemble your overnight oats in a bowl by combining your Mason jar of dry ingredients, prepped carrots & pineapple, maple syrup, and mylk.