Oregano Oil ShootersBotanica Health
January 15, 2018
Many of us are familiar with the powerful virtues of oregano oil. Touted to be an essential antioxidant and valuable for fighting off infections – it’s a potent potable. But the challenge lies in swilling it down. We’ve found the perfect solution to help you get the most out of oregano oil without that concentrated bitter aftertaste. Don’t let the recipe title scare you. Trust us, when you sip or dash these shooters down the hatch you’ll be shocked at how good they are and how easy to make.
Recipe Type: Drink
1. In a mini blender, combine water, lemon juice, maple syrup and gingerroot. Whirl at high speed until emulsified.
2. Add the required amount of oregano oil drops as per the bottle’s instructions into the bottom of each shooter glass and top with lemon-ginger water.
3. Stir and dot each with a pinch of cayenne. Drink up!
Want to make a larger batch of the base?
1. Double up or triple up without the oregano oil. Whirl and refrigerate.
2. When ready to take, simply pop ¼ cup (60 mL) into a mini blender with the required amount of daily oregano oil.
3. Whirl, top with a pinch of cayenne and take a shot. Truly yummy.