Healthy Chocolate CakeTeri-Ann Carty
June 28, 2023
A healthy chocolate cake that tastes like MORE. Grab your ripe bananas, Botanica Perfect Protein and Perfect Greens, and let’s get baking! This cake ticks all the boxes. It is vegan, refined sugar free, high in protein and has healthy fats. I think that covers it!
Recipe by Teri-Ann Carty
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax+2 1/2 tbsp hot water)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup date syrup or maple syrup
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 very ripe mashed banana
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 scoop Botanica Perfect Protein
- 1 scoop Botanica Perfect Greens
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 tbsp cacao nibs, divided
- 60 grams dark chocolate chopped and melted
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and line a 10” round cake pan and set aside.
- Prepare flax egg by whisking 1 tbsp ground flax and 2 1/2 tbsp warm water together. Set aside to gel.\
- Mash bananas well. Add remaining wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add wet to dry and carefully add in boiling water. Mix to combine. The batter will seem loose but that’s exactly what you want. Sprinkle 2 tbsp cacao nibs on top of batter.
- Place cake pan on baking sheet and pour batter into cake pan. Tap pan on counter to release any bubbles. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Chop chocolate and microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Add peanut butter and stir until fully incorporated.
- Once cake has cooled, spread chocolate peanut butter glaze on top and sprinkle with remaining cacao nibs. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Don’t forget to tag your photo with @botanicahealth on Instagram. We love seeing your creations! Be well, friends!