Coffee Bun with GreensBrenda (@pistachiopicks)
November 7, 2023
Recreate the viral Papparoti coffee bun hack without any bread-making! I’ve been craving warm coffee buns but have zero talent for making bread. So here’s the smartest way to make this treat at home… buy Chinese bakery buns and make your own coffee bun topping. I’m adding Botanica’s Perfect Greens Chocolate into the topping to get my daily greens intake with my afternoon snack! I promise you can’t taste or see the greens. If you’re looking for a tasty and fast way to sneak in your daily greens, definitely give Perfect Greens a try!
Recipe by Brenda (@pistachiopicks)
Coffee Bun recipe
- 8g (one scoop) Botanica Perfect Greens Chocolate
- 55g cake flour
- 3 tsp instant espresso
- 1 egg (room temp)
- 40 g butter
- 35 g sugar
- 2 tsp Hot water
- 8 mini buns
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Dissolve instant espresso with hot water. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together at medium speed. Add egg and combine on low speed.
- Add sifted cake flour and Perfect Greens Chocolate.
- Put mixture into a piping bag (note: use a larger tip or no piping tip at all)
- Optional: for the true Papparoti experience, add a cube of vegan butter to the bun for a buttery centre.
- Pipe the topping around the bun and bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Don’t forget to tag us in your post with @botanicahealth on Instagram. We love seeing your creations! Be well, friends!