Turmeric Golden Mylk Snack BitesDanielle Zipp
May 4, 2020
With warmer weather coming our way, we wanted to create a recipe so that you could enjoy our Turmeric Golden Mylk without being tied to a warm beverage. Enter these Turmeric Golden Mylk Snack Bites! We love energy balls here at Botanica HQ and knew that our Turmeric Golden Mylk would make for a uniquely spiced snack experience.
These turmeric golden mylk snack bites are packed with warming, anti-inflammatory turmeric plus the calming adaptogen ashwagandha; naturally sweetened with medjool dates; grain, gluten, and refined sugar free; and are so easy to make!
Botanica’s Turmeric Golden Mylk is the star of this recipe! This product is a blend of organic turmeric, organic dates, organic coconut, organic vanilla flavour, organic cardamom, organic ashwagandha, organic cinnamon, organic black pepper. Below we’ve outlined some main health benefits of Turmeric Golden Mylk’s key ingredients – turmeric and ashwagandha.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
- The most powerful and widely known aspect of turmeric is its ability to reduce inflammation in the body. This is supportive of conditions like arthritis, heart disease, and possibly even Alzheimer’s.
Boosts skin health:
- Turmeric can increase the glow and luster of the skin, speed up wound healing, decrease acne and acne scarring, and even helps with psoriasis.
May help treat or prevent diabetes:
- Through antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric may improve many factors that contribute to diabetes including insulin resistance, high blood sugar, and hyperlipidemia.
Protect your body from free radicals:
- Antioxidant rich spices like turmeric may help protect you from free-radical damage (which as been linked to health conditions such as cancer, arthritis, heart disease and Alzheimer’s) as well as environmental pollutants like cigarette smoke and industrial chemicals.
For an in-depth look at the health benefits of turmeric, check out our article here.
Health benefits of Ashwagandha
- Ashwagandha is classified as an adaptogen which means that is can help your body manage stress. Ashwagandha can help to reduce elevated cortisol levels (the stress hormone), blocks stress pathways in the brain, and reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
Reduce Blood Sugar Levels:
- Due to ashwagandha’s positive impact on cortisol, blood sugar levels are also positively impacted! Several human studies have suggested that ashwagandha can reduce blood sugar levels in both healthy people and those with diabetes.
May Reduce Inflammation:
- Ashwagandha has been shown to increase the activity of natural killer cells (the immune cells which help fight infection) and has been shown to decrease markers of inflammation such as C-reactive protein.
These turmeric golden mylk snack bites start with a base of Medjool dates and cashew butter. Medjool dates naturally sweeten this recipe while providing additional fiber. Cashew butter is a has a neutral flavour profile making it an ideal base for emphasizing the spices in this recipe. No cashew butter on hand? Feel free to substitute with tahini or your favourite nut butter (however, this will affect the flavour of your bites).
Next, almond flour and ground flax seeds bulk up our energy bites adding healthy fats and blood-sugar stabilizing fiber. Then comes a generous serving of our Turmeric Golden Mylk powder, cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt. Quickly whiz all ingredients together in a high-speed blender or food processor and roll into balls. If you’re feeling extra fancy you can roll the bites in unsweetened shredded coconut before storing in the fridge.
We hope you LOVE these bites! They’re:
- Chewy & moist
- Perfectly spiced
- Plant Based
- Quick & easy to make
- Sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Turmeric Golden Mylk Snack Bites
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Grain-free, refined sugar free, Vegan, & Paleo.
Makes 12-14 snack bites.
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pits removed
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup cashew butter*
- 3 tbsp. Botanica Turmeric Golden Mylk
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- Optional garnishes – shredded coconut, hemp hearts, coconut butter, dark chocolate drizzle.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Process for 30 seconds to 1 minute to fully combine the ingredients. The mixture is ready when the dates have completely broken down and the dough has a fine crumbly texture that sticks together when pinched.
- Use a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop portions of the dough. Press and roll the dough between your hands to form an even ball. Set on a plate and repeat with the remaining dough. If you’d like to roll your bites in shredded coconut or another garnish, do that now.
- Set plate in the fridge for 30 minutes to set. Enjoy!
- Bites will keep for about 1 week in the fridge. Transfer bites into an airtight container for ultimate freshness.
Tips: the turmeric in the Golden Mylk powder will stain your hands/clothes/dishtowels. Please be careful when rolling your bites. If you have a light coloured manicure I would suggest wearing gloves when rolling the dough so you don’t stain the polish.
*Feel free to substitute the cashew butter for tahini or almond butter although it will effect the flavour profile of the bites.