Strawberry Watermelon Sangria with KombuchaBotanica Health
June 28, 2018
Pretty to look at and delicious to sip. Served with a spoon, this healthy Sangria beats the typical puréed, over-sweetened drinks. Serve it spiked with a little alcohol or flavour it with a little orange extract. A gorgeous afternoon beverage for a special event.
Recipe Type: Drink
- 4 cups (1 L) cubed watermelon
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced or quartered strawberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced and pitted
- 1 lime, sliced and pitted
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Gran Marnier or 1 tsp (5 mL) blood orange extract
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) Botanica Daily Digestive Shot
- ¼ cup (60 mL) shredded mint leaves
- ¼ cup (60 mL) shredded basil, plus extra for garnish
- 1 L sparkling water or Prosecco
- Ice cubes
1. Combine cubed and sliced fruit in a very large glass pitcher. Add remaining ingredients and gently swirl with a wooden spoon to blend flavours.
2. Place additional ice cubes in a glass. Spoon some fruit over top and pour liquid from pitcher to top up the glass. Garnish with some shredded basil.