Lemon Poppy Seed Energy BallsBotanica Health
January 5, 2022
With busy schedules, we all need to remember to snack on something healthy to curb our appetites and combat the afternoon slump. This recipe for Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Balls will give you that bolt of energy you need, without heavy ingredients.
With Botanica’s Perfect Protein Elevated Energy Booster, you’ll get the benefits of adaptogens Panax Ginseng and cordyceps mushrooms, B vitamin complex, and whole food, plant-based protein for long-lasting energy. Combined with almond flour, zesty lemon, poppy seeds and coconut, taste the tang that’ll get you through that project at work, or your next bout at the gym.
Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Balls
Makes 11 Balls
Prep time: 8 mins
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup Botanica Perfect Protein Elevated Energy Booster
- 3 lemons zested
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Zest the three lemons and juice one lemon to make 3 tbsp of lemon juice. Set aside
- Pour the almond flour, Botanica Energy Protein Powder, lemon juice, lemon zest, poppy seeds, and maple syrup into a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes. Form into 11 equal balls.
- Roll in the shredded coconut if wanting. Place into the fridge for 30 mins to let flavours combine.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week. Freeze for up to 3 months.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag your photo with #botanicahealth on Instagram (we love seeing your creations!). Be well, friends!