Kale and Veg Salad with Creamy Mango DressingBotanica Health
July 10, 2017
Kale and Veg Salad with Creamy Mango Dressing
Our original Kale and Veg Salad Recipe with Creamy Mango Dressing is a summer dream come true. This is a perfect lunch/dinner recipe that serves as a healthy meal option and a delicious summer treat. We love to incorporate healthy goods in all our original recipes and this creamy mango dressing is no exception, with a tsp of our Perfect Omega Peach Mango fish oil to serve your omega-3 needs. Our Perfect Omega fish oils contain omega-3 in Triglyceride form, which emulsifies for superior absorption but also has a great taste and creamy texture, making it a perfect addition to your salad dressing! Give this recipe a try and we promise that you won’t regret it.
Cuisine: Gluten Free
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Botanica Perfect Omega Peach Mango
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fish sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, kale torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups (500 mL) mixed spring salad greens
- ½ unpeeled English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Generous pinches of fresh chervil
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
1. Combine dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender and whirl until smooth. Set aside.
2. Place torn kale in a large bowl. Add a tablespoon (15 mL) dressing and massage into kale leaves until tender and slightly wilted.
3. Add remaining salad ingredients, toss together and arrange in a serving bowl. Serve with dressing on the side.