Healthy Vegan Ginger Hot ChocolateBotanica Health
December 8, 2021
The weather is getting colder, which means many of us crave the warmth and comfort of a hot beverage. As the snow falls outside, is there anything cozier than a warm mug of hot cocoa, a blanket, and a good book? We seriously don’t think so.
Tried, tested, and true, this Healthy Vegan Ginger Hot Chocolate is deliciously decadent, Gluten-Free, and Sugar-free, and it’s packed with superfoods, too! Made with certified Organic Botanica’s Reishi Hot Chocolate, which features 1500mg Reishi mushroom per serving to help you relax and unwind. We mixed it with warm spices and creamy cashew milk to make a healthier alternative to your classic holiday fav, AKA dessert in drinkable superfood form.
- 3 cups cashew or nondairy milk
- 2 tbsp Botanica Health Reishi Hot Chocolate
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger / 5-10 drops Botanica Ginger Liquid Herb
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dark (vegan) chocolate chips
- Pinch salt
- Marshmallows (optional)
- Place milk, Reishi Hot Chocolate, cacao powder, ginger, cinnamon, maple syrup in a small pot on stove over medium high heat.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and salt and whisk again.
- Heat until small bubbles appear and chocolate chips are melted whisking often.
- Transfer to warmed mugs and add marshmallows (optional).