Golden Pumpkin Spice LoafDanielle Zipp
November 13, 2020
Warm up with this delicious Golden Pumpkin Spice Loaf. It features our Turmeric Golden Mylk, made from a whole food blend of turmeric, dates, coconut, cardamom, ashwagandha, black pepper, and cinnamon with a therapeutic 2000 mg of turmeric per serving. Pairs perfectly with a warm beverage on a chilly Fall night! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup + 1tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. Botanica Turmeric Golden Mylk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 5 tbsp. ground flax seeds + 10 tbsp. warm water
- 3 tbsp. full fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flax egg. Combine the ground flax and warm water together in a small bowl. Set aside for 5-10 minutes until the mixture gels.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- To a food processor, add the coconut sugar, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, full fat coconut milk, and vanilla. Process for 30 seconds until fully combined. Once gelled, add in the flax egg and process again.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the food processor. Process for 30 seconds until fully combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. The mixture will the thick and sticky.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared backing pan. Bake for 60-75 minutes until the top is golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- ½ cup powdered icing sugar
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- non-dairy mylk of choice
- Use a whisk to combine all ingredients together in a small bowl. Once the loaf has cooled, drizzle the glaze on top.
Whether it’s a weekend treat or mid-week slice of heaven, we hope you love this recipe just as much as we do!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag your photo with #botanicahealth on Instagram (we love seeing your creations!). Be well, friends!