Sign up to our e-newsletter for
exclusive tips and education from our holistic health experts.
November 22, 2017
The beauty of goji berries is that they complement many recipes. We tucked them into a gluten-free, vegan gingerbread that everyone can enjoy. But don’t just think ’sweet’ recipes when adding them. They are fabulous in salads, stirred into sauces and add a great fruity lift to granola and oatmeal.
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
2. In a bowl combine sugar, almond milk, almond butter, molasses, coconut oil, chia seeds and vanilla. Stir together to blend.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir to blend.
4. Add to wet mixture. Fold together to blend. Stir in berries and pistachios.
5. Divide dough in half and shape each half into a 12-in (30 cm) log.
6. Place logs evenly spaced apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Remove baking sheet from oven to a rack and cool for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 F (170 C).
8. Transfer logs to cutting board and slice each log diagonally into 12 even-sized slices. Return to baking sheet, placing biscotti ½-in (1.25 cm) apart.
9. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp as you like. Cool completely. Store in tightly sealed container at room temperature for several weeks.