Delicious Decadent Chocolate CrepesBotanica Health
April 4, 2018
These decadent crepes will dazzle everyone for dessert or even a celebratory brunch lunch. Switch them up offering a variety of fillings for people to choose from. We filled them with diced strawberries but a variety of fruits such as sliced bananas, chopped orange, blueberries or raspberries are also delicious.
Recipe Type: Breakfast Dessert
- ¾ cup (175 mL) all purpose of gluten free flour
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Botanica Perfect Protein Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) cocoa
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) coconut sugar
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) cold almond milk
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) cold water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) Botanica Coconut Oil, melted, plus extra
- Finely diced strawberries or fruit of choice
- Chilled whipped coconut cream
- Orange zest and flaked chocolate for garnish
1. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, ½ cup (125 mL) milk and whisk until smooth. Gradually add remaining ingredients except for diced fruit and coconut cream and orange zest, stirring constantly.
2. Preheat a 9-in (23 cm) non-stick crepe pan over medium-high heat. When hot, brush with a little coconut oil.
3. For each crepe, pour about ¼ cup (60 mL) batter in the centre of the pan. Tilt pan to spread batter evenly to coat the entire bottom of crepe pan. When edges of crepe begin to loosen and top appears firm, flip crepe with a spatula. Continue cooking for 10 to 15 more seconds. Then turn out onto a plate. Cover with foil. Repeat cooking additional crepes and layering them on a plate with waxed paper in between to keep them from sticking.
4. Serve crepes filled with diced fresh fruit and whipped coconut cream. Garnish with orange zest and flakes of chocolate.