Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Coconut OilBotanica Health
August 25, 2017
A delicious and healthy new recipe for Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies made with Botanica Coconut Oil and other healthy ingredient alternatives.
Makes about2 Dozen
Recipe Type: Snacks
- ½ cup (125 mL) spelt, millet or whole grain flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) coconut flour
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) Botanica Coconut Oil, softened but not melted
- ½ cup (125 mL) coconut sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) dark chocolate chips
- Flaked sea salt, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and stir to blend.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine coconut oil, coconut sugar and brown sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Slowly beat in flour mixture. Then stir in oats and chips by hand. Let dough rest for a few minutes for oats to absorb mixture.
4. Gather up tablespoons of dough and shape into balls. Place on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Press down with a fork. Sprinkle each with a few grains flaked salt. Bake for 10 minutes until cookies are golden and crisp around the edges. Move to a cooling rack and repeat with remaining dough.
5. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.