Creamy Vegan EggnogBotanica Health
December 20, 2017
Is there such a thing? Eggnog without eggs? Not only that but it’s vegan too. No animal products. The creaminess comes from cashews – an ultimate winner for an eggless, milk-free eggnog. Plus it’s topped up with a little fermented kombucha rather than a traditional shot of brandy. Although you can lace it with brandy as well, if you wish.
Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 2 cups (500 mL) raw cashews
- 4 dates, pitted
- 4 dried apricots
- 1 L almond milk
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 2 to 4 ice cubes
- 20 mL Botanica Daily Digestive Shot
- Fresh nutmeg
1. In a large bowl overnight, soak cashews, dates, and apricots in cold water to cover.
2. Drain and transfer to a high-speed blender along with almond milk and vanilla bean seeds. Add 2 ice cubes and whirl on high speed until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add more ice cubes if you wish.
3. Divide among serving glasses. Stir 2 to 4 tsp (10 to 20 mL) Botanica Daily Digestive Shot into each glass. Dust each with a little freshly grated nutmeg and serve.