Chaga Chai TeaBotanica Health
April 23, 2018
Chaga mushrooms are the darling of the mushroom tea market. Loaded with antioxidants, these mushrooms are touted to support healing in a variety of health issues. We know it to be a nutrient-dense food with amazing properties.
- 1 L water
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry chaga mushroom chunks, about 1 oz (32 g)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 in-(2.5 cm) piece gingerroot, sliced
- 5 cloves
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 star anise
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black peppercorns
- 3mL Botanica Chaga Mushroom Extract
- Honey or agave, as desired
- Almond or cashew milk, as desired
1. Boil water in a saucepan. Reduce heat to very, very low; just until bubbles break the edges.
2. Stir in mushrooms, cinnamon stick, ginger root, cloves, cardamom, anise, and peppercorns. Increase heat just until edges bubble, then cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
3. Remove mushroom chunks and set aside to dry. (Chaga mushrooms can be re-dried and stored in a bag in the freezer and used 4 or 5 more times.) Strain liquid into a heat-safe glass jar. The mixture can be refrigerated and reheated just before serving if you wish.
4. To serve, heat chai liquid and stir in Botanica Chaga Mushroom Liquid Extract per cup and serve as is. Add honey or agave as desired. Steam or foam milk and pour over top.