Candy Cane Hot Chocolate BarkDanielle Zipp
December 19, 2020
A healthier take on a holiday classic: candy cane infused hot chocolate bark! Delight your loved ones with this delicious recipe perfect for the holiday season. It includes a generous dose of our Reishi Hot Chocolate along with dark chocolate, coconut oil, peppermint extract and so much! We can’t wait for you to try out this recipe for yourself.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar (~190 grams)
- 2 tsp. Coconut oil
- 3 tsp. Botanica Reishi Hot Chocolate
- ⅔ cup coconut butter (coconut manna), melted
- ½ tsp. Peppermint extract
- 2 candy canes
- 2 tbsp. Dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. White chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp. Coconut oil, divided
- 1 candy cane
- Line a small cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Stir constantly with a silicone spatula until completely melted and smooth.
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of the Reishi Hot Chocolate. If the chocolate looks gritty, use the silicone spatula to “smear” clumps against the bottom of the saucepan until smooth. Add 1 teaspoon of the hot chocolate powder at a time and mix well in between.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture onto the parchment lined cookies sheet. Smooth the chocolate into a rectangle about ¼ to ½ cm thick. Pop in the fridge while you make the next layer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the coconut butter in 15 second increments until just melted. We want the coconut butter to be smooth and thick in consistency, not too runny. Mix in the peppermint extract and set aside.
- Chop or crush the candy canes into small pieces.
- Retrieve the chocolate layer from the fridge and pour the coconut butter mixture over top. Use a silicone spatula to smooth the coconut butter up to the edges of the chocolate. Sprinkle on the crushed candy cane pieces. Return the bark to the fridge for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, prep your garnishes! Melt the chocolates in separate saucepans with ⅛ tsp of coconut oil each. Chop or crush the remaining candy cane into small pieces.
- Remove bark from the fridge and drizzle the top with the dark and white chocolates and sprinkle with remaining crushed candy cane pieces. Return to the fridge to set.
- Store bark in the fridge right up until ready to serve. The bark will become soft if left at room temperature. Will keep for 1 week in the fridge or 1-2 months in the freezer.