Barres Granola Aux NoixBotanica Health
octobre 27, 2017
Nutty Granola Bars are tasty squares with a chock-a-block full of flavours and textures. Great for breakfast or eating on the run.
Makes about 42 squares
Recipe Type: Dessert Collations
Cuisine: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chia seeds
- 1½ cups (375 mL) large flake, gluten-free oatmeal
- 1¼ cups (300 mL) chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) pitted chopped dates
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup (125 mL) Botanica Vanilla Perfect Protein
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pumpkin seeds, plus extra
- ¼ cup (60 mL) hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame seeds
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- ½ tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- Generous pinches of ground nutmeg and cloves
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Botanica Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pure maple syrup, plus extra
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) raw cane sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Grease and line a 10 x 12-in (23 cm x 33 cm) baking pan.
2. Combine water and chia seeds in a small bowl. Stir together to blend. Set aside.
3. Combine oatmeal, 1 cup (250 mL) chopped walnuts, dates, coconut, protein powder, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, sesame seeds and seasonings in a large bowl.
4. In a food processor or blender, combine bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Pulse on and off until blended. Add chia and water and whirl in.
5. Pour over dry ingredients and fold together until evenly blended. Transfer to prepared pan and spread out to an even thickness.
6. Scatter remaining chopped walnuts and a few extra pumpkin seeds evenly over top. Gently pat into the surface.
7. Drizzle with a little extra maple syrup and sprinkle with raw cane sugar.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean when tested and edges are golden.
9. Remove to a cake rack to cool before cutting into squares and storing in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Can be refrigerated for several days or frozen.