Barres Granola Aux NoixBotanica Health
octobre 27, 2017
Nutty Granola Bars are tasty squares with a chock-a-block full of flavours and textures. Great for breakfast or eating on the run.
Makes about 42 squares
Cuisine: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Grease and line a 10 x 12-in (23 cm x 33 cm) baking pan.
2. Combine water and chia seeds in a small bowl. Stir together to blend. Set aside.
3. Combine oatmeal, 1 cup (250 mL) chopped walnuts, dates, coconut, protein powder, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, sesame seeds and seasonings in a large bowl.
4. In a food processor or blender, combine bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Pulse on and off until blended. Add chia and water and whirl in.
5. Pour over dry ingredients and fold together until evenly blended. Transfer to prepared pan and spread out to an even thickness.
6. Scatter remaining chopped walnuts and a few extra pumpkin seeds evenly over top. Gently pat into the surface.
7. Drizzle with a little extra maple syrup and sprinkle with raw cane sugar.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean when tested and edges are golden.
9. Remove to a cake rack to cool before cutting into squares and storing in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Can be refrigerated for several days or frozen.