10 Things you need to know before your next cleanseBotanica Health
May 8, 2017
In a world where contact with additives, preservatives, and toxic chemicals can be a daily occurrence, seasonal cleansing can assist in the removal of the burdensome toxic chemicals from our lifestyle. There are so many different methods of cleansing, some of which can be helpful and some harmful! You should always keep in mind that the food which one consumes is very important; it is either giving fuel for the body, or takes extra fuel to eliminate from the body.
Here are 10 things you need to know before your next cleanse:
- Use the Right Cleanse-Kit: The ideal cleanse kit should offer you herbs in combination in the form of liquid tinctures for faster absorption, rather than a single herb in tablet form. Combinations work together synergistically to potentiate the overall action of a formula, supporting the body’s healing capacities and organ systems in numerous ways.
- Eat Your Fruits & Veggies: Increase fruits and vegetables which contain valuable fibre, enzymes, and minerals needed to reduce body acids, and to help neutralise acidic states and to facilitate normal metabolic function.
- Put On Your Reading Glasses: Use this time to read labels, and increase familiarity with the hidden ingredients in foods; try new recipes and explore new cookbooks, there are plenty of healthy, delicious recipes available.
- Add Some Extras: Incorporate Omega-3 fatty acids from flax or fish oils into your diet.
- Start Drinking: While cleansing, pure water and herbal teas are the best choices of beverages. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day. Add fresh lemon juice.
- When Life Gives Your Lemons: Lemon juice can be used in small amounts to dilute the tinctures and brighten the flavour, and to increase elimination function.
- Switch up Your Liquid Game: It is ideal to discontinue all stimulants such as coffee, tea, pop, caffeinated foods, and alcohol.
- Start a Cooking Challenge: Make your own salad dressing and condiments.
- Give the Meat a Break: Greatly limit meat intake during the cleanse. If some protein is needed then small amounts of chicken or wild cold water fish are acceptable and can be consumed as needed for extra energy.
- Spice Up Your Food Game: Try foods from other cultures to spice up variety.
Want More? Check out our step by step 2 week- Botanica Restorative Cleanse Kit Guide for; recipes, nutritional information, schedule, ingredients guide and tons more: Botanica Restorative Cleanse Kit Guide